10 Fantastic Home Uses Of Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is distilled from the native Australian Eucalyptus globulus tree, and it is a popular product around the world for many different reasons. Eucalyptus oil has lots of traditional uses, and indigenous peoples would use it for treating wounds, clearing infections, and getting rid of fever. As we move through history, Greek, Chinese, and even European peoples used the oil as a disinfectant too. With that in mind, this article will provide you with some information on the fantastic benefits you will encounter if you choose to keep a bottle of eucalyptus oil to hand at home. As you will learn, this is an extremely versatile product.
1 – Eucalyptus oil is perfect for aromatherapy
If you’re one of those people who love to relax with aromatherapy products; you might be missing a trick if you don’t keep some eucalyptus oil at home. Add some to your diffuser, and you will begin to notice the benefits within only a few minutes.
- Eucalyptus oil provides an excellent aromatherapy experience that is powerfully refreshing and stimulating.
- Add some oil to your diffuser or make air fresheners by adding some of the oil to an object and hanging it on your wall.
- The oil will help to increase concentration and energy levels leaving you feeling refreshed.
2 – Eucalyptus oil is an excellent insect repellant
Nobody likes getting bitten by insects all the time. However, that is something you might face on a daily basis if you live in certain climates and locations. Eucalyptus oil can help to provide some relief, and there are plenty of recipes you can find online if you need some inspiration when it comes to creating an all-natural bug spray.
- You can use the oils of citronella, lemongrass, rosemary and eucalyptus to create an all-natural bug spray that does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- The spray should help to repel all insects and ensure you don’t get lots of itchy bites.
3 – Eucalyptus oil can provide relief from asthma
People who suffer conditions like Bronchial Asthma often struggle to find the perfect remedies to ease their illness. However, experts claim that eucalyptus oil contains lots of anti-inflammatory properties that can help to provide some relief.
- Add eucalyptus oil to your inhaler or diffuser and breathe slowly for the best outcomes.
- You should notice that your airway becomes less congested in less than an hour, and that should help you to get to sleep.
- Remember that you should never ingest eucalyptus oil because it is toxic when taken internally.
4 – Eucalyptus oil is an immune system stimulant
People with illnesses or those who take medications that reduce the strength of their immune systems will benefit from keeping eucalyptus oil in the home.
- Eucalyptus Oil is known to boost phagocytic activity.
- Add the oil to your inhaler or diffuser to ensure the healing properties get into your system as quickly as possible.
5 – Eucalyptus oil can promote oral health
If you have to visit your dentist often due to oral infections, there is a chance that you might benefit from the use of eucalyptus oil.
- Anti-microbial oil helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent them from thriving. The substance will get rid of plaque and assist with any gum disease issues you might have.
- You can find some fantastic eucalyptus oil toothpaste recipes online, and you should notice the difference in a matter of weeks.
6 – Eucalyptus oil is a disinfectant cleanser
Eucalyptus oil is often used to limit the spread of viral or bacterial infections, and people have been using it for that reason since ancient times.
- The oil contains powerful anti-microbial elements that help to prevent infections and ensure you can maintain perfect health.
- Remember not to use pure oil directly on your skin as it can burn in some instances.
7 – Eucalyptus oil can soothe sore throats
Lots of people choose to create a eucalyptus oil throat spray when they come down with a cold or the flu. Again, there are many different recipes online, and you need to try them out until you find something that works for you.
- The anti-bacterial oil will help to soothe your sore throat and provide some pain relief.
- You can purchase a pre-mixed organic spray from Amazon that contains eucalyptus oil if you don’t want to make it at home.
8 – Eucalyptus oil can ease muscle and joint pain
Many folks turn their eucalyptus oil into a can of cream and use it to ease pain from muscles and joints.
- If you want to create the best cream, try adding coconut oil, beeswax, and menthol crystals to your eucalyptus oil.
- The cream should begin to take effect in around an hour, and your muscles and joints should start to relax.
9 – Eucalyptus oil can reduce coughing
As mentioned a moment ago, eucalyptus oil works well when it comes to soothing a sore throat and reducing viral or bacterial infections. However, it can also help to reduce coughing through inhalation.
- Inhalation is the best method to remove the mucus from your body.
- You can also create a chest rub using eucalyptus oil or find a recipe for some lozenges.
- Inhale the steam for around twenty minutes a couple of times each day for the best results.
10 – Eucalyptus oil will decongest your sinuses
Anyone can clear their sinuses by adding a couple of drops of eucalyptus oil to some hot water and then placing their face over the bowl.
- Put a towel over your head to ensure none of the steam escapes and as much of it enters your sinuses as possible.
- Repeat the process a couple of times each day.
- Remember to close your eyes, so you don’t end up burning them with the potent fumes.
Now you know about ten fantastic home uses of eucalyptus oil, it’s time to head down to your local store and pick up a few bottles. You never know when the oil is going to come in handy, and you need to experience the benefits for yourself to understand how this natural product can turn your life around. See you next time!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!