When your body is hit by an illness or viral infection, getting back to full health in the most effective fashion is the only item on your agenda. While antibiotics have been the most common option for several generations, could essential oils provide a better solution? In a word: probably.
An increasing number of people are turning their attention to essential oils each year, and now could be the time to join the revolution. Here’s why.
The Growing Dangers Of Antibiotics
While antibiotics are the familiar form of treatment, there is a growing problem. Unfortunately, the human body has become increasingly resistant to those antibiotics, meaning that they have become less effective.
Each year, over 2 million people become ill from bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. Over 23,000 die.
-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Superbugs have also surfaced due to the extensive use of antibiotics in the animal agriculture industries. So, while antibiotics are designed to help the body repair, the continued use of them can be quite risky.
What Are The Best Essential Oils For Treating Those Issues?
Essential oils offer antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. This makes them an effective option for treating the following health complaints;
- Premenstrual syndrome
However, the fact that they can be used for viral conditions that are commonly treated by antibiotics is one of the most exciting. The process of proposing essential oils for scientific testing can cause stumbling blocks, but other forms of research show that several plant extracts can be used for these purposes.
Oregano essential oils may not smell particularly pleasant. However, they offer relief for a host of problems where antibiotics are no longer as reliable.
Oregano oil can be used to treat the following problems, among others;
- Intestinal parasites
Having a bottle in the medicine cabinet is advised not only due to the potential issues with antibiotics. The fact that you’ll have a quick remedy to hand allows you to gain the fastest possible relief.
Best of all, it’s often a financially smart move too.
Alternative Essential Oils
Here are six other essential oils that can be used instead of antibiotics in various situations.
- Cinnamon essential oils have antibacterial properties that can fight against infectious diseases
- Citronella essential oils also boast antibacterial properties
- Eucalyptus oils can be used to treat cold-like symptoms such as runny noses and coughs with great results
- Thyme essential oils help fight back against recurrent BV symptoms
- Grapefruit essential oils can be used to kill various bacterial conditions
- Tea tree essential oils are great for treating oral bacteria
With so many options, the need for antibiotics is virtually over.
Quick Relief & Faster Recoveries
One of the big selling points for making the switch to essential oils is that they provide effective relief in next to no time. This can help prevent minor bouts of flu and viral conditions from growing into something worse.
Likewise, this actively encourages quicker recoveries as the body has less work to do in a bid to return to normality. Those quick responses are largely down to the fact you can apply essential oils in several ways. The list includes;
- Inhalation / Aromatherapy: This is often done with a few drops being diluted into boiling water to create a vapor. Several variations that may also be utilized
- Application: The inflammatory and pain relief properties makes it possible to rub a small amount of essential oil onto the affected areas. However, they should be diluted
- Ingestion: While not overly common, consuming high-quality essential oils (like ours) in small amounts is another option. Dilution is required, as is medical supervision
Regardless of the way it is taken, the fast relief and effective action give essential oils a huge advantage over many of the over-the-counter and prescribed antibiotics.
More Than Antibiotic Properties
Essential oils are the perfect natural alternative to a whole host of viral infections and minor illnesses. However, unlike antibiotics, their uses don’t end there. In fact, the vast array of additional benefits is one of the reasons you should make this transition ASAP.
Here are just six alternative reasons why you may wish to start using essential oils in your daily life.
- Greater relaxation: We all make the mental association between essential oils and spa treatments. There’s no doubt that those strong smells can create a relaxed environment while the properties of the natural ingredients can often calm your nerves too. Some essential oils can even promote healthier sleep patterns due to this reasoning
- Ease a hangover: Some essential oils stimulate the liver and gallbladder to help the body recover from hangovers more quickly
- Healthier skin: Essential oils can promote glowing skin and healthy hair with almost immediate impacts. From ensuring the skin and hair is hydrated and coated with natural oils to encouraging fast cell regeneration, those benefits are very noticeable
- Perk you up: Peppermint oils, as well as some others, will help you stay alert. This is far better than your traditional energy drink
- Treat aches: Aside from being a great alternative to antibiotics, some essential oils are a natural painkiller. From treating muscle aches to stomach cramps or treating burns, the quick action and effective relief is a game-changer
- Treat bites and itches: Insect bites and other sources of itching can be treated with various oils, especially lavender. This reduces the swelling, particularly when applied quickly
And the list goes on and on. With the right essential oils at your disposal, most aspects of your daily life can be vastly improved.
The clue is in the title, and adding a variety of plant oils to your home medical and beauty cabinet is essential.
While those natural extracts offer many different uses, the ability to treat viral conditions and health issues with greater reliability than antibiotics is top of the list. Liv Sea Sun stocks a range of premium quality products that will transform your life for the better.
Once you’ve made the transition, you’ll wonder how you ever survived before.