There are lots of reasons why you should use essential oils, but the most important is they help you to deal with problems relating to stress and anxiety. Los of people struggle with those problems, but most of them don’t understand what essential oils can do for them. There are some essential oils, you should think about using.
Body and brain chemistry are both impacted by the chemicals in the essential oils. We associate essential oils with the aroma that comes with them, but that’s just a pleasant by-product of the chemicals in the oil. This is what makes us feel more relaxed. You can find out more about using essential oils and 7 of the best of them below, so read on.
Why You Should Use Essential Oils
There are several reasons to use essential oils. Apart from helping mental health and making you feel less anxious and nervous, there are plenty of physical benefits to speak of too.
- Beat your anxiety problems. The anxiety that’s stress-induced can be helped by using essential oils. It gives you an extra bit of calm and clarity you need in stressful situations.
- Keep your skin and hair healthy. There are also physical benefits of using essential oils. They’re known to assist with clearing up the skin and healing any damaged hair you might have.
Using Essential Oils
There are numerous ways to make use of essential oils in your day to day life. It’s worth being aware of all of them so you can get this right.
- Inhale from a tissue. By putting a view drops of essential oils on a tissue, you can then hold it up to your nose and inhale the scent. It’s a quick and easy way to use essential oils.
- Spread the essential oils around the room. You can also spread the essential oils around the room by using a diffuser or a humidifier if you like. It covers a wide area that way.
- Dap on your skin. If you want the essential oils to benefit the skin as well as your mental state, dab some of them directly on the skin.
1. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is known for chilling people out in all kinds of situations. The same is true when you make use of lavender essential oil.
- Help with disturbed sleep. Lavender oil is often used to help improve the sleeping pattern. You’ll not only get to sleep quickly but also ensure you sleep more deeply.
- Relaxes your muscles. It’s also known to relax muscles, reduce anxiety and make you feel more at ease.
2. Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass creates a lovely aroma, and its effectiveness is backed up by research to show it is capable of helping with stress and anxiety issues.
- It is used in professional spas. Lemongrass essential oil is very often used in professional spas. That’s because it’s known to be a very relaxing and calming essential oil.
- It reduces anxiety levels. A study has shown people who inhale the fragrance of lemongrass essential oil feel an immediate reduction in anxiety levels.
3. Bitter Orange Essential Oil
Three different oils come from a bitter orange tree. They are from the fruit, leaf, and flower; they’re all great for the body.
- Improve your pre-sleep routine. The bitter orange essential oil is known to help people reduce anxiety levels before they go to bed. This is key because it helps ensure a better night’s sleep.
- A boost for your immune system. It has also been found that people who use bitter orange essential oil are more able to return the immune system to the correct levels after reducing their antidepressants.
4. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage essential oil is often used by pregnant women, but it can benefit just about anyone in numerous ways. It’s ideal for anyone dealing with hormonal or muscle-related problems.
- Manage hormonal shifts better. The main reason why pregnant women benefit from using clary sage essential oil is that it helps with hormonal disorders, encouraging the body to find a better hormonal balance.
- Works as a muscle relaxant. It’s also a very good muscle relaxant, which makes you feel less tense and better able to get to sleep on time at night.
5. Vetiver Essential Oil
It’s the low evaporation properties of vetiver essential oil makes it stand out from the crowd. It means that this is no quick fix but does have a sustained impact.
- Long-term stress relief. Not everyone is looking for a quick fix. If you want to find stress relief that works on a more consistent basis, it’s worth considering vetiver essential oil. It stays around and has an impact for days after usage.
- Some feel it helps them focus. It can make you feel more grounded and focused on the things you want your attention to be focused on. It’s a by-product of its stress-relieving qualities.
6. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
This Indonesian essential oil is excellent at helping people deal with a stressful situation when used regularly. That’s why many people turn to it above the other options.
- Blend with bergamot and lavender oil. If you want to get the most out of ylang-ylang essential oil, you should, first of all, blend it with bergamot and lavender oil.
- Reduce stress and blood pressure levels. Stress responses are lowed after using this mixture, as are blood pressure levels according to one study.
7. Chamomile Essential Oil
Lots of people use chamomile essential oil when they want to get to sleep, and there’s a reason for that. It helps us to feel more chilled out, which in turn makes it easier to sleep.
- Research has found antidepressant activity. According to one study, chamomile essential oil might provide meaningful antidepressant activity, which is pretty significant.