Having a real Christmas tree isn’t for everyone, but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on the comforting smells and aromas of the festive season. Complementing your artificial tree with the authentic smells created by home essential oils is the perfect way to make it happen.
It’s also a far less complicated idea than you might first fear. Here’s all you need to know.
The Benefits Of Creating A Christmas Blend Essential Oil
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, and we all have that vision of what the perfect festive period looks like. For whatever reason, the real Christmas tree isn’t an option this year. The festive blend of essential oils is one of the main reasons why this needn’t be an issue.
Using a Christmas blend of essential oils in your home can bring many benefits. Some of those incentives include;
- Make the faux Christmas tree seem more authentic by bringing the festive smell to your living room
- Create a pleasant aroma throughout the home to underline the festive atmosphere for all the family
- Enjoy the calming influences of the essential oils to encourage a stress-free Christmas period filled with relaxed enjoyment
- Promote improved sleeping habits thanks to the calming influence that the essential oils can bring to our world
- Bring the outdoors inside without having to combat the winter weather, impressing guests as well as your family
- Reduce the costs of Christmas thanks to the inexpensive concoction that’ll also let you use your faux tree for years to come
In fact, this blend of essential oils may be useful even if your home does have a Christmas tree. After all, you could use the smells in other parts of the house to take those pleasant feelings to a whole new level.
What You’ll Need To Make Your Christmas Blend
One of the best things about creating the Christmas blend of essential oils is that you will not require many materials. Actually, you’ll need just four essential oils. They are as follows:
- Pine essential oil
- Clove bud essential oil
- Cinnamon leaf essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
In addition to the four essential oils, you’ll need to buy yourself a diffuser. The choice between cold mist diffusers and oil warmer diffusers is largely determined by personal preference. However, the winter warmth certainly adds an extra ingredient when choosing the latter.
Why Choosing Those Four Essential Oils
Apart from the fact that the mixture brings a warming winter smell, the choice of essential oils can work wonders for your health. Here’s how the four materials can have a positive influence.
- Pine essential oil: relieves anxiety, fights stress, and invigorates the body
- Clove bud essential oil: fights fatigue, promotes healthy lungs, and aids memory
- Cinnamon leaf essential oil: boosts circulation, fights coughs and exhaustion, and combats warts
- Cedarwood essential oil: fight dandruff, reduce acne, and relieve stiff joints
How To Create Your Perfect Christmas Blend of Essential Oils
Bringing the blend of essential oils is a very simple task. The first step is to set up your diffuser. This will vary slightly depending on the type of diffuser you use. For example, when using a tea light diffuser, it’s imperative that you start the process by adding 2 tbsps of water to the plate.
After this, you’ll want to use the following quantities of each essential oil.
- Pine essential oil: 10 drops.
- Cedarwood essential oil: 5 drops
- Cinnamon leaf essential oil: 2 drops
- Clove bud essential oil: 2 drops
This should create a marvelously relaxing and festive smell that lasts for around one to two hours. However, you can always adjust the quantities slightly if you later decide that a modification is required.
If you want to make a bigger blend for a bigger diffuser and a more powerful, longer lasting smell, merely multiply the quantities.
Stay Safe When Using Your Christmas Blend
Using the blend of essential oils is very safe, especially when using the quantities mentioned above. Still, there are burning oils, water, and glass involved. As such, you must follow the necessary health and safety routines. Thankfully, it’s as easy as 1-2-3.
- Step One: Ensure that the diffuser and burning oils are kept away from flammable materials
- Step Two: Always keep an eye on how much material is left. Do not burn empty plates
- Step Three: Never leave a room without extinguishing the flame or turning off the cool mist diffuser unit
Stay on top of the safety situation, and the essential oils will make it a very merry Christmas indeed.
Do not miss this opportunity of having that delicious tree smell at home if you do not have a tree. At Liv Sea Sun, we can help you have it and make the best of your Christmas reunion. Contact us today, to get your essential tree oil before festivities arrive.