Primary Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
Eucalyptus Essential is used as a remedy to help various respiratory problems such as a cough, cold, sore throat, nasal congestion, and bronchitis. Eucalyptus also helps eliminate exhaustion of the body and brain by creating a refreshing and cooling effect and rejuvenates the individual.
Suitable for dental care because it has germicidal properties. It is effective against gingivitis, cavities, dental infections, and plaque. Eucalyptus is also known to be used as a remedy for different skin infection because it possesses antiseptic properties.
Eucalyptus are tall trees, and they grow to reach a height of up to 50 feet. In some areas, people call them Gum trees. Eucalyptus radiate has two main components, alpha-terpineol, and eucalyptol. These substances make the tree’s essential oil ideal for creating an experience of a soothing massage, opening the air passages and clear breathing. Also, it has cleansing properties, and these are beneficial when used on the skin and cleaning surfaces. On top of that, it is a freshener; it can freshen your breath and promote good oral health. Some research indicates it can decrease tension in a person. The oil from the tree has a sharp, spicy, minty, herbaceous, pungent, and woody undertone. It has a strong initial aroma and a top perfumery note. It can mix with essential oils from different sources. They include rosemary, thyme, and marjoram from herbaceous sources, fir, pine, and spruce from trees, lavender and geranium from flowers, and sandalwood and cedarwood from woods.
Directions for Use:
- Eucalyptus essential oil can be used to wipe kitchen and bathroom surfaces. For this use combine it with lemon and peppermint in a spray bottle. You can also use to help reduce stale and pet odors
- Add several drops to marula or coconut oil and apply to the chest to open up the area and promote better breathing
- Mix the essential oil with a moisturizer, and this will support the revitalization of the skin
- Add to a diffuser to repel insects or disinfect the air
- Use in a massage by diluting with carrier oil with one to two drops to promote a feeling of comfort in muscles and joints
- For topical use, rub two drops on an area. To minimize the chances of sensitivity you can dilute using Coconut Oil
The product from the tree can cause sensitivity to your skin. You should be cautious about using the product when you are pregnant or nursing a child. In case, you want to use it but fall into this category; it is advisable that you seek advice from your physician before using it. The product can irritate the inner ears, eyes and other sensitive areas of your body. Therefore, you should prevent it from coming into contact with these body parts.
Aroma: Minty, sharp, pungent, Camphorous, herbaceous, woody undertone, spicy
Strength of Initial Aroma: Medium to Strong
Blended withHerbaceous oils such as rosemary oil, thyme oil, and marjoram oil. Tree oils such as spruce oil, pine oil, and fir oil. Florals like lavender oil and geranium oil. Wood oils such as sandalwood oil and cedarwood oil.