What is Lime Essential Oil?
Lime Essential Oil provides a healthy inflammatory response and enhances circulation. This oil can reinforce the body’s healing capacity and vitality during cold or flu season. Its refreshing properties can assist with enhancing mental clarity and alertness and it also promotes feelings of positivity, calm and harmony.
This Lime Essential Oil shares much of the therapeutic characteristics of the lemon, as well as the same astringent, toning and mood elevating properties.
Lime Essential Oil is refreshing and energizing in aroma and taste. Limes are generally used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. Lime provides internal cleansing benefits* and can be diffused to help purify the air because of its high limonene content.
It’ also functions as a natural surface cleaner. As Lime is known for its ability to uplift, balance, and energize, it is used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
Uses as an Essential Oil
Lime essential oil can be applied in different forms:
- Inhale: to uplift a tired mind and to enhance digestive functions
- In vapor therapy: to promote the healing of the throat and to support sinus decongestion
- Aromatic bath: help soothe the digestive system and enhance muscle and joint health
- Diffuse lime oil with grapefruit oil and lavender oil: to soothe the nervous system, to boost mental clarity, and to help reduce stress and tension
*Please use safety precautions, because citrus and the sun are incompatible. Citrus oils, including lime, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying the product.
Aromatic Description:Citrus, tart, sweet
Collection Method: Cold Pressed/Expression
Plant Part :Lime rind (peel)
Main Constituents: Limonene, β-pinene, γ-terpinene.