What is Sweet Orange Essential Oil?
Sweet Orange Essential Oil comes from peels that are expeller-pressed to obtain the most abundant form of fatty liquid. Vibrant and tangy, this favorite fruit is kindred to sunshine and happiness. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is also used in Chinese medicine for a variety of ailments and is traditionally known for bringing good luck.
This flexible citrus product can be found in many different products, including items for cleaning, gardening, skin care, and some foods. Known for cleansing the air, orange essential can help to balance the mind and body.
In addition to being a mood enhancer and a stress reliever, the fresh aromatic scent of orange essential has a positive effect on people of all ages. The sweet and tantalizing smell works on the mental and emotional system to bring joy and harmony. The physical attributes include promoting detoxification and settling an upset stomach. This product is excellent for keeping skin clear and has been known to assist the body during cold and flu season.
- Household uses: Use as a purifier in a bucket of water to wipe down surfaces
- Gardening: Spiders are deterred from the scent of essential orange. Spraying household plants with diluted orange can also keep pests away
- Massage and Beauty: With its calming properties, this essential scent makes an excellent massage agent. As a secondary benefit, it helps to clear blemishes from skin
- Air Purifier: Not only does Sweet Orange essential oil leave a fresh and exhilarating scent, but the air quality is also enhanced as it wipes away toxins
- Laundry: By putting several drops of orange on a washcloth and tossing a washcloth in the dryer, the entire load comes out smelling fresh and vibrant
Directions for Use:
As with any citrus-empowered essential oil, sweet orange can cause adverse effects when placed on the skin and then exposed to sunlight. If you have sensitive skin, wait 12 hours before UV exposure once the oil has been applied. Always consult your physician if you are under their care for existing medical conditions before using any essential oil.
Scent: Fresh, invigorating, crisp
Purity of Blend: Medium to Strong
Blends well with: Cinnamon, jasmine, lavender, rosemary, sandalwood or any other citrus scent