The same thing happens every New Year: you come up with resolutions and break them within a couple of weeks. Why? It’s because maintaining the passion for succeeding is tough. After a while, it’s easy to slip back into old habits and routines. Before you know it, the New Year’s resolutions are out of the window, and you’re back to square one.
Do this sound about right? Do you find that you start with excitement and then slowly put your New Year’s resolutions aside? Essentials oils can help you get across the finish line and keep your promises all the way to the next New Year.
The Power Of Essential Oils
The reality is that the majority of people think of essential oils in one way. They see them as calm and relaxing yet not much more. Well, there is so much more to them than the public’s perception.
For example, essential oils can be very uplifting and encouraging. Used in the right setting, they will drive you to go the extra mile. Indeed, scents and aromas are as effective at inspiring people like music and inspirational words and speeches.
There’s an argument to say they are more so, but even if they on par with music, they are bound to work well. Just think about the boost you get while listening to your iPod and imagine that but with a sweeter smell in the room.
How Essential Oils Work
Many things happen at New Year, including:
- getting excited about the future
- making productive and progressive plans
- giving up or forgetting about them after a few weeks
Even if you don’t give up entirely, the chances are you won’t have the same vigor for the task. Thankfully, the last part of the equation doesn’t have to be this way any longer with essential oils. Because they encourage feelings of empowerment, you can bottle the emotions and take them anywhere.
Thanks to essential oils, the excitement that you feel on New Year’s doesn’t have to fade away of the coming months. Regardless of your resolutions, this should enable you to tackle them head-on and give everything to the cause.
Using Them Effectively
Unlike music or a motivational quote, you can’t play essential oils through earphones. So, it’s trickier to benefit from them on a whim like a person trying to go to the gym more often would with songs. Still, there are ways to use them effectively which are hassle-free and relatively effortless. These include:
- using essential oils while creating your resolutions
- continuing to use them while working on your resolutions throughout the year
- smelling them when you feel like quitting
These methods work in a variety of ways. The first two create a link between your goals and essential oils. When this happens, the faint smell of lavender or tea tree oil will continuously encourage you to try and hit your targets. And, because scents evoke memories, they should never leave your brain or your nose.
Smelling essential oils when you feel down and out is like a hit of adrenaline. Think of it as a booster when you’re running on empty. Yes, you want to give in yet the empowering qualities of the oils help to you on track. In essence, they are reminders to inspire you to do your best while trying to stick to your New Year’s resolutions.
How To Use Them
Essential oils need diffusing into the room if you want a holistic experience. However, if this sounds too difficult, we have the perfect solution. Our ready-to-use bottles mean you can take off the top, place your nose over the opening, and inhale deeply. The aromas from the essential oils will go straight into your bloodstream, and you will feel the benefits instantly.
The Different Types
There are lots of oils on the market, which makes choosing one tough. Below, we have a list of the five best essential oils that are well worth considering:
- Frankincense: Frankincense is apt for the time of year for more than its historical references. According to experts, it’s a fabulous fear-reliever. As you may already know, keeping a promise is a tricky thing because it takes guts. It’s ten times easier to quit. With frankincense, those feelings with disappear, and you’ll be ready to face the day. Plus, it’s also thought to help with creativity and concentration; two things you’ll need to stay focused and make the experience enjoyable.
- Bay Laurel: This one is a confidence booster. By inhaling this oil, you’ll gain the courage to tackle your resolutions and not run away. For anyone who thinks it won’t work, remember that the Ancient Greeks used it before competing in the Olympic Games. Because you need as much courage as possible, this is one of the best essential oils for New Year’s resolutions.
- Lemon: You may already have this in the house, and for a good reason: it boosts clear thinking. The scent blasts away the cobwebs and helps users to deal with a cluttered mind. As a result, awareness levels increase, and your goals will become more manageable.
- Peppermint: Again, this is an essential oil which may already be in use in your home or car. And, like lemon, it helps you think more clearly. However, it’s also excellent at opening the mind. Regarding resolutions, this is essential as it will encourage you to come up with new ways to be motivated. In turn, that makes it fun and exciting.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is fantastic for focusing on things. During the list making process, this makes it a beneficial tool. After all, it reduces indecision so that you can create clear, concise, reachable goals.
If you pull out these essential oils while creating your resolutions and use them throughout the year, you won’t quit. Thanks to our range here at Liv Sea Sun, giving on your goals this January will be a thing of the past.