Anyone that suffers from anxiety can relate to the unrelenting desire to find a cure. While there are plenty of potential solutions out there, including prescribed medication, could essential oils be the answer to your problems?
Here’s all you need to know about the best essential oils on the market, and how those natural ingredients could be used to finally control your disorder.
Why Essential Oils Over Prescribed Medications?
Prescribed medications and even psychological treatments are still very popular, but essential oils can bring many benefits. Some of the reasons for choosing this option are:
- Having them at home gives you instant access to treatment if anxiety strikes
- Natural ingredients are safe to use each day
- Essential oils are often the most affordable solution
- They work quickly and efficiently to reduce anxiety symptoms
- Essential oils can be used for other purposes too
Whether used as an exclusive treatment or in conjunction with others, essential oils are ideal.
How Should Essential Oils Be Used?
Essential oils can be used in several ways depending on the intended purpose. With regards to fighting anxiety, aromatherapy is the best solution by far.
To make the most of this natural treatment, you should buy a quality diffuser as well as premium rate oils like the ones sold here at Liv Sea Sun. A few drops diluted in boiling water is an ideal way to create a relaxed atmosphere before bed. However, it can be used in the daytime too.
It only takes a small number of essential oils to make a significant impact. Other forms of inhalation may be used too, but only if done in a safe manner. Oral applications and other options are best saved for other uses of those natural products.
Which Essential Oils Should Be Considered Essential?
Not all essential oils are suited to fighting anxiety disorders, but there are several possible candidates. Here are seven of the best.
- Lavender Oil: Probably the best and most common option. It is used to improve sleep patterns, reduce blood pressure, and help alleviate depression and anxiety.
- Bergamot: Scientifically shown to enhance the user’s general mood.
- Chamomile: Studies suggest that it can reduce the physical and psychological symptoms of anxiety.
- Geranium: Fights both stress and anxiety while making you feel less fatigued.
- Lemon & Citrus: Shown to reduce anxiety during labor and believed to have a similarly positive impact in other situations.
- Neroli: Promotes lower blood pressure and combats anxiety.
- Ylang-Ylang: Shown to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Find the right one for your personal condition and smell preferences, and you should see the benefits in no time.
The Final Word
Should essential oils be the only form of treatment for your anxiety? Probably not. Medication can still be utilized to help control your condition while some sufferers find that therapy and psychological therapies can work wonders too.
Nonetheless, as a fast and effective solution that can be embraced safely on a daily basis, essential oils are a sure winner.